About Me

My photo
A lady with great sense of humour..love to laugh enjoy friends company, choose to live in current moment, forget about yesterday..like what a friend said to me tomorrow is mystery.. Happiness is a voyage...not a destination. "You must love in such a way that the person you love feels free"

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Meditation Progress

It was a tiring day for me due to lack of sleep the night before. I still made it to the class because I had missed the week before due to extensive traveling lately. While waiting for the class to begin, I felt very sleepy and there is Sis Jin who offered a hot drink for me. And she suggested that I should do walking meditation instead..so I started walking meditation officially last night.

I feel good and it keeps my concentration better. Every movement is being observed and focussed even while standing. I think I will continue with more walking meditation.

I have been practising meditation and I find it is all about self realization. We have books to read about how meditation works for us, but it is all about our own experience. Something that I have learnt, in life we will win and we will also lose, but whatever the outcome, we have to be prepared for it. If we prepare to gamble, we should be prepared to lose. We can win and we can also afford to lose, and that is something we constantly reminding ourselves.

When we are happy, do not get overjoyed and forgotten what the reality is, and when we are sad, do not let the sorrow drag us too long. It is about us understanding equanimity, a balance of mind. I believe when one suffers badly, and when it hit the bottom, it is also the time to bounce up again.

The best is to stay neutral and practise stable and evenness of mind. When we face unpleasant situation, do not let the perception affect our thought that leads to our action or speech. It is best to be mindful in reacting to life situation.

I reflected at one scenario, and I felt I have overacted and I feel sorry. It is just my perception that it was wrong. That is the good thing of being mindful...

Just my thoughts for the day :)

1 comment:

True love said...

Hi r,

I am glad what meditation has done to me...be mindful always ! Hope reading my post helps you too :)

With metta :)

Subscribe Now :

Followers

My passion..my job and places I have been !

Interests

  • Ripple cards
  • Beauty Tips, Hair, Travel ideas, Healthy Food, Massage, Spa