About Me

My photo
A lady with great sense of humour..love to laugh enjoy friends company, choose to live in current moment, forget about yesterday..like what a friend said to me tomorrow is mystery.. Happiness is a voyage...not a destination. "You must love in such a way that the person you love feels free"

Sunday, November 23, 2008

How to overcome your difficulties


I have been a little unhappy due to some incidents..and picked up this book from my bed side by Ven Dr. K Sri Dhammananda about "How to overcome your difficulties". I have read a couple of books written by the same respectable author.



Sometimes I realised we take things for granted and the best thing is just next to me and take this little book for example, I have not noticed the presence of this little blue book next to me that may inspire and guide me.



Everything happens for a reason and the first flip directed to this page, the topic that is related to me and my confusion ! Below is what the author has written in this book that I like to remind myself and have it written down on my blog.



Returning Good for Evil...



If you want to get rid of your enemies you should first kill your anger which is the greatest enemy within you.



On the other hand, if you are going to be perturbed hearing from your enemies, it means you are fulfilling the wishes of your enemies by unknowingly entering into their trap.



You should not think that you can only learn something from those who praise and help you and associate with you very closely. There are many things you could learn from your enemies also. You should not think they are entirely wrong just because they happen to be your enemies. They may also possess certain good qualities.



You will not be able to get rid of your enemies by returning evil for evil. If you do that, then you will be only inviting more enemies. The best and the most correct method for overcoming your enemies will be by radiating your kindness towards them. You may think that this is impossible or something nonsensical. But this method is very highly appreciated by every cultured man. When you come to know that there is someone who is very angry with you, you should first try to find out the main cause of that enmity. If it is due to your mistake, you should admit it and should not hesitate to apologise to him. If it is due to certain misunderstandings between you both, you must have a heart-to-heart talk with him and try to enlighten him. If it is due to jealousy or some other emotional feeling, you must try to radiate metta (loving-kindness) towards him so that you will be able to influence him through your mental thought waves. You may not be able to understand how it works but through the experience of many people it has been shown that this is them most powerful, intelligent and easiest way which is very highly recommended in the Buddha Dhamma.



Of course, to do this you must have confidence and patience in yourself. By doing this you will be able to make your enemy understand that he is in the wrong. Besides, you are also benefited in various ways by not accommodating enmity in your heart.

No comments:

Subscribe Now :

Followers

My passion..my job and places I have been !

Interests

  • Ripple cards
  • Beauty Tips, Hair, Travel ideas, Healthy Food, Massage, Spa