About Me

My photo
A lady with great sense of humour..love to laugh enjoy friends company, choose to live in current moment, forget about yesterday..like what a friend said to me tomorrow is mystery.. Happiness is a voyage...not a destination. "You must love in such a way that the person you love feels free"

Friday, November 21, 2008

Metta Meditation Class

Just attended the Friday Metta Meditation class at Bandar Utama Buddhist Society (BUBS) and this evening, I have my friend Lilian and my sister with me.

Presence tonight to guide us was a Bhante from Lumpini Garden in Puchong. He gave us an insight of the benefits of performing metta meditation.  He mentioned many, and some that I could remember are :

1. Easy to sleep
2. No night mares
3. Friendly and kind person
4. Spirits will not disturb 
5. Always be happy and feel serene

I have started listening to Metta Chant since 10 years ago, then I was driving my blue Kancil and it only came with cassette player, I played this chant almost everyday on the way to work.   Probably that is why I hardly have sleeping disorder..hehe.

Bhante guided us through the class speaking softly, sharing with us the easy way to begin metta meditation.  It is important to radiate the loving kindness thoughts that come to us especially after some practising.  Once we have the loving kindness in us, it would be natural for us to let the loving kindness thought flows and radiates to all, seeing all beings well, be happy, free from suffering and danger.

It has been a great week for me overall, I am so happy that my meditation is improving.  

Sadhu, Sadhu, Sadhu  !

No comments:

Subscribe Now :

Followers

My passion..my job and places I have been !

Interests

  • Ripple cards
  • Beauty Tips, Hair, Travel ideas, Healthy Food, Massage, Spa