About Me

My photo
A lady with great sense of humour..love to laugh enjoy friends company, choose to live in current moment, forget about yesterday..like what a friend said to me tomorrow is mystery.. Happiness is a voyage...not a destination. "You must love in such a way that the person you love feels free"

Monday, October 19, 2009

A fruitful trip to Shanghai




































I was away last week to Shanghai. It was a working trip and very challenging and exciting trip. I went with a very heavy responsibility and that is to assist my client to bid as the next host in 2012. I have worked on this project since May and finally the big day has arrived. My boss decided that we should go ahead to support our 'potential' client at our own expense. It has been a great exposure and experience for me.

On the day of arrival, I had to work around the site, getting our selves registered and thankfully the cooperation from the local organiser was excellent. We had our table set up and ready for the war and our opponent is from India.

The next day was the presentation day, and we worked around the council members and lobby for their support. I guess it must the occupation habits, I am so used to inspecting the venue prior to meeting, and to my surprise the venue was not properly set up for presentation. The local organiser - Kevin gladly organised promptly.

The presentation started and I missed half the session due to 'ad hoc' errants requested by the council members. Both countries presented and the voting was held the following day. I was a 'self appointed' secretariat for the organisation, preparing balloting papers, signages and etc...

It was all worth it..I am happy to do it. The voting session started and I counted the votes with lots of excitement and daunting too. Finally..Malaysia won 11 over 6. Now, I have to work on getting the local organiser to appoint my service for the next 3 years. This is the tough part but I am confident..my hard work and dedication will not be left unknown.

A visit to China is never complete without a good massage for my weary feet and body. In the past, I alway traveled in group whereby I have a local guide or even transportation always on standby for me, however this trip is different. I took the metro and it was fun. The massage and foot reflexology was great and should have one more round before I left.

After 3 nights at Sofitel Pudong, I had to check out due to cost saving, I checked in at my sister's apartment in Puxi area. Conveniently located for shopping and food along Huai Hai Zhong Lu. I survived and had good time wandering around the area. A few things that caught my curious self...the trend for the youngsters is to wear big plastic frame without the lens. Cute la and Shanghainese are very open showing their public affections. One very touching moment I saw was a man ran across the road to give a bottle of water and some cakes to this old lady who was busy picking up empty thrash from the rubbish bin. I heard him said "给你吃“ he doesn't sound like he is local....what matters most is he has a kind heart.

The other thing that I enjoyed most was the revisit to hotel and places that I have been before. I recalled those good memories I had with my other group and colleagues. Good times are hard to find, best is cherish every experience that comes to us.

Overall...a good and rewarding trip !

2 comments:

True love said...

Hi r,

I had a very exciting time in Shanghai...I can't hide my joy when Malaysia won the bid...yahooooo !

The India team came to congratulate us and said..next time I will hire your service for the bid...hahahahaha !

True love said...

Hi r,

I have a tougher job now that we have won the bid. I need and want my client to appoint my service asap..lol.

Thanks anyway !

Subscribe Now :

Followers

My passion..my job and places I have been !

Interests

  • Ripple cards
  • Beauty Tips, Hair, Travel ideas, Healthy Food, Massage, Spa