About Me

My photo
A lady with great sense of humour..love to laugh enjoy friends company, choose to live in current moment, forget about yesterday..like what a friend said to me tomorrow is mystery.. Happiness is a voyage...not a destination. "You must love in such a way that the person you love feels free"

Friday, October 2, 2009

Nothing is ever perfect, it only gets better


I was attending a talk this evening and this phrase was mentioned. It caught my attention so deeply that I had it written on my facebook immediately before I forget.

Nothing is ever perfect, it only gets better!

I totally agree, sometimes when I am unhappy, I wish it could be perfect like I wish it to be, but then in reality it can only get better. At work, I find it hard to find the environment that I would say I am happy, at the end, I realised that I can only put in some effort to improve the atmosphere better.

While I am organising an event, we evaluate the event when it ends, and I have never used "It is perfect" as I know there is always room "to make it better".

It is the same for me and my children, I see some kids doing so well in school, scored high marks, and when I look at my children, they are just average, I felt have I not done my duty as a mother diligently ? And I may put more pressure on them to make them as "perfect" as I wished for, but again, it is not possible, it only gets better.

Many of us are never contented in life, because we have high expectation to be nearly perfect, and again I must say the last 24 months, has been a turning point in my life, a life full of challenges. From where I fall, I pick myself up, from the emotional suffering that I went through, I can only make it better now with a more calmer and relax mind. It is never perfect yet though, but it will get better. Now I live to be not perfect but I only wish for my life to get better.

I hope with this quote, it is an aspiration to live the best and only to make it even better.

With metta to all !

1 comment:

57arvind said...

Beautifully said, "Nothing is perfect, it only gets better" thought provoking reading material if taken seriously or just cool stuff for lighter reading.

Subscribe Now :

Followers

My passion..my job and places I have been !

Interests

  • Ripple cards
  • Beauty Tips, Hair, Travel ideas, Healthy Food, Massage, Spa