About Me

My photo
A lady with great sense of humour..love to laugh enjoy friends company, choose to live in current moment, forget about yesterday..like what a friend said to me tomorrow is mystery.. Happiness is a voyage...not a destination. "You must love in such a way that the person you love feels free"

Monday, December 28, 2009

A memorable family reunion 2009





A great family reunion just ended today and my entire family has gone back. We had a good 10 days together, eating and meeting up with other cousins in KL. This gathering is only once every two years where everyone are gathered.

This year we choose to go to Pangkor Island. We stayed at a privately owned home called Tiger Rock. It is not a resort nor a hotel and it is a home that made our stay and family reunion even more memorable. It is almost back to basic living in the wild feeling, the entire home is built in the forest with some basic amenities.

Even though it is only four days at TR, we had really good time being a complete family especially for my parents. They are so happy seeing the grand children playing together. The host at the home Mohan and his team were really good. We had the most attention and we were well fed as well that I think I have put on some weights after this 10 days get together.

I can't remember if I have ever went to a picnic with my sisters and parents. And we did it with our children, swam in the sea, ride on the thrilling flying fish with my son and nephew was great. Mohan even prepared picnic lunch for us and what a life I must say. It is pampering.

We sat together in the evening enjoying some wines and champagne with foie gras as hors d'oeuvre. On Christmas night, we were served a lovely Christmas dinner while listening to Christmas songs and kids having party favors to make the night more merrier. We didn't have any presents that night as we had the opening of presents done before we left. We have at least 50 presents that night for 12 peoples..however they are mostly for the kids.

It has been a good 10 days spending with my parents and sisters. I realise as I get older, times like this are always very precious, not easy to live together again though as we have our own life. I only have my family and it is a blessing to have such great people around me.

Parents are getting old and I hope we can have more family get together...and I know this is their wish. I know it is not easy...but I am glad we made it :)

No comments:

Subscribe Now :

Followers

My passion..my job and places I have been !

Interests

  • Ripple cards
  • Beauty Tips, Hair, Travel ideas, Healthy Food, Massage, Spa