About Me

My photo
A lady with great sense of humour..love to laugh enjoy friends company, choose to live in current moment, forget about yesterday..like what a friend said to me tomorrow is mystery.. Happiness is a voyage...not a destination. "You must love in such a way that the person you love feels free"

Saturday, September 12, 2009

Cooking



What is your hobby? My hobby is to cook.

Honestly I haven't been cooking for years, and whenever someone asked me what is your hobby, my answer is cooking. I feel embarrassing to acknowledge and at times I doubt if I can cook well still.

Lately, I started to cook more especially when my under utilised oven is back in action. This oven was like "dead" for sometime and 2 months back it worked again.

Since then, I have been baking cakes, biscuit, pizza and tonight I baked chicken and potatoes with mushroom sauce and bake my own garlic bread, modern cooking baked only (not the whole process of making the bread dough la...).

I did a cost calculation for a family of 5 including my maid, it is so much cheaper to eat at home. I used to eat out and nowadays my children have grown up and they eat more and it is really more economical to cook at home. My estimated cost for dinner tonight is about RM30 for 4 chicken thighs and it served 5 persons. It is healthy and most importantly it has been cooking. Thankfully I have a good maid at home who will do the rest of the washing...

I told my children, we will have a nice fancy dinner once a month and the rest of the weekends, we make it simple.

See the picture above, that is what I cooked for my precious children and the ais batang is home made too...this is something I enjoyed very much during school days.

2 comments:

True love said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
True love said...

I don't mind the shopping, preparation and cooking! Mostly importantly is seeing the family enjoying the makan !

Subscribe Now :

Followers

My passion..my job and places I have been !

Interests

  • Ripple cards
  • Beauty Tips, Hair, Travel ideas, Healthy Food, Massage, Spa