About Me

My photo
A lady with great sense of humour..love to laugh enjoy friends company, choose to live in current moment, forget about yesterday..like what a friend said to me tomorrow is mystery.. Happiness is a voyage...not a destination. "You must love in such a way that the person you love feels free"

Sunday, September 13, 2009

The Path to Liberation


This afternoon I reorganized my routine for the children as I have to attend the Dhammapada course ~ The Path to Liberation. This is sort of like bridging the inspirational and faith in me and ultimately more wisdom through Dhamma.

I remember early August, I received an email from my Dhamma sisters from the meditation class. It is an invitation to register for this course and I immediately replied the email and Sis GG replied instantly that my registration is accepted. 3 weeks after when I was away during my vacation recently, I didn't check my email and when I got home, I received the bad news about Sis GG has passed away while she was traveling in Ladakh, a trip that she looked forward to so much.

Today, our lecturer Dr. Tan HS paid tribute to Sis GG for instrumented this course, and my heartfelt thank for these volunteers for putting up such activities. I am how much I have benefited from it. The course is actually understanding the dhammapada ~ best known and most loved of Buddhist text. They are beautifully written poetry from the Buddha's teaching.

My first encounter is few months back where I know I need to have a copy of this. Today, Brother Tan shared with us the path to liberation which means, the path to nibbana (enlightenment). As a Buddhist, we seek enlightenment and end the cycle of suffering. As long as there is rebirth there will be death. Our mind is what control our thoughts and conditions our thinking. It is about how we cultivate our mind, disciplining our minds and hopeful for finding happiness within. However said, ultimately we will have to walk this path towards liberation ourselves, as no one can purify us, nor can we purify others.

Life is no permanent and all things are subject to change. Therefore we need to strive diligently and conditions ourselves to this path. I believe in loving kindness and with a well guarded / conscious mind, no one will be harm. When we think we are suffering, it is important that we address the cause of the suffering.

It is important that we choose to be associated with wise people or companion so that we benefit from the sharing of minds, through our sharing, we reflect and practise in life.

I like the following :

Dhammapada v.36

Sududdasam sunipunam
yathakama nipatinam

Cittam rakkhetha medhavi

cittam gutham sukhavaham

the translation is :

The mind is very hard to perceive,
extremely subtle, it flits to wherever it desires.

Let the wise person guard it;
a well-guarded mind is conducive to happiness


Dhammapada v. 112

Yo ca vassatam jive
kusito hinaviriyo

Ekaham jivitam seyyo
viriyam arabhato dalham


The translation is :

Should one live a hundred years
indolent and unenergetic, better indeed

for him just to live a single day,

undertaking steadfast energetic effort.


This evening has given me a better wisdom in life ! Something to remember :

Perseverance 恒心 ~ despite all the challenges in life
Patience 耐心 ~ despite the lack of progress / no perceptible changes
Metta 爱心 ~ despite all the pains and hindrances in life.

Sadhu sadhu sadhu !

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

True love said...

Thanks Anon...

Subscribe Now :

Followers

My passion..my job and places I have been !

Interests

  • Ripple cards
  • Beauty Tips, Hair, Travel ideas, Healthy Food, Massage, Spa