About Me

My photo
A lady with great sense of humour..love to laugh enjoy friends company, choose to live in current moment, forget about yesterday..like what a friend said to me tomorrow is mystery.. Happiness is a voyage...not a destination. "You must love in such a way that the person you love feels free"

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Away to Langkawi





I have been to Langkawi a few times and all for different purposes.

First visit was with my ex, it was a "pak toh" trip, courting me and also mini honeymoon. I remember vividly we rented a car, drove around the entire island, did what a first timer would do, visited many sightseeing places. I remember we stayed at Burau Bay Resort, the cabana room, nice and romantic! It is probably called Mutiara Burau Bay now...

Second trip, I brought my bundle of joys, my son and daughter with my mom and it was a big entourage. This time, we stayed at the Andaman, the kids have a good time but sadly it rained so our activities were limited to indoor. Staying at the Andaman is lovely and it is luxury, nice landscape and lobby is airy and spacious but you have to be prepared to pay for the expensive F& B, a breakfast can easily cost you RM75 - 80 per person. The location is kind of isolated that you wouldn't want to drive out to Kuah Town or Pantai Cenang for food.

Then, last week I was there again, and I was there alone...is ok la because it is for work. The entire island was heavily packed with events and tourist, and many hotels were fully booked. So, my office booked me at Tanjung Sanctuary Resort & Spa. As I previously posted my discovery of how effective and fun to use google maps, it made my trip even more interesting. While we were driving from the airport, I became the navigator and was really great tool to travel with. The resort has gone through a refurbishment from a 3 star to Villa concept. Not highly populated as there are only 32 units of individual villa. The room is spacious, bathroom is nice with a bathtub..The resort is only at soft opening stage since May 09, and there are certainly room for improvement. The balcony is great with a daybed, very relaxing to read and just snooze away...

The restaurant set up is simple yet cosy...a good place for couple to relax. So, alone at this resort can be quite lonely and boring!! right ??? No way, I took the opportunity to spend half the morning by the pool, reading and just do nothing while enjoying the sea breeze. I enjoy the peace and quietness at this place except for a family with two kids jumping up and down the pool that woke me up from my lazy morning!

So, overall my overnight trip to Langkawi has been great! I guess it is my work nature, ingrained in me....grrrrrrr, it is never a pure vacation without involving hotel inspection...So, I did another inspection at Bon Ton and Temple Tree. This is totally different from sea, sun and beach. You get the sun but not the beach and sea. The property is built around padi field, and all the structure of the building are actually "antique old structure/facade" that were put together. It is very interesting but maybe typically Malaysian will not really appreciate this.

Just feel like sharing my work cum leisure experiences...

1 comment:

True love said...

Hi r,

You are right about my job...it doesn't matter if you have name it right..!

I enjoy traveling and I will remember the best and funny part of it..similar to me leading my life, only the sweet one I keep...hahaha!

With metta :)

Subscribe Now :

Followers

My passion..my job and places I have been !

Interests

  • Ripple cards
  • Beauty Tips, Hair, Travel ideas, Healthy Food, Massage, Spa