About Me

My photo
A lady with great sense of humour..love to laugh enjoy friends company, choose to live in current moment, forget about yesterday..like what a friend said to me tomorrow is mystery.. Happiness is a voyage...not a destination. "You must love in such a way that the person you love feels free"

Saturday, August 22, 2009

Family Birthday Gathering


Tonight I attended a family birthday gathering. We celebrated two birthday, one is my uncle's 70th Birthday and another is my aunt who happens to be back to Malaysia for 2 weeks vacation. They are both senior citizen and 2 years ago when my mom turned 70, everyone came to my hometown and gave her a surprise birthday gathering.

My mom 2nd eldest in the family of 10, decided to make a trip here just to be with her dearest siblings. The reason is simple she wishes to be with them as she is also getting old and just never knew how many more birthdays she could spend with them. I feel for her and truly understand her feelings.

It was a simple family dinner without my children sadly because this dinner was planned last minute, and my children are on their way back to my hometown for school holiday. It would have been nice to have them for tonight's dinner. They would have created a lot more noise and laughter throughout the dinner.

I have 3 very independent children who will not give me much problem when they have to leave me. The little one was so excited and happily waving good bye and hugged me.

I wish my uncle, aunt and my mom...the best of health and many more such gatherings in the future!

2 comments:

True love said...

Hi r,

I totally agree with you with your experience with family gathering. Especially when I have an "unique situation"...hahaha! Somehow, I have a very understanding family and I am happily sharing with them when the time is right...

My 3 darling are now on holiday and they are having a good time with grand parents..they are always so sweet!

Have a great week!

With metta always :)

Anonymous said...

How are you keeping ? Long time no see your posting liao ! Hope you're doing great and good. Cheers !

Subscribe Now :

Followers

My passion..my job and places I have been !

Interests

  • Ripple cards
  • Beauty Tips, Hair, Travel ideas, Healthy Food, Massage, Spa