About Me

My photo
A lady with great sense of humour..love to laugh enjoy friends company, choose to live in current moment, forget about yesterday..like what a friend said to me tomorrow is mystery.. Happiness is a voyage...not a destination. "You must love in such a way that the person you love feels free"

Monday, August 10, 2009

Yeah....a great event !



I am all smiling now as the event is finally concluded and it is a success. Yeah !

I only had merely 90 mins of sleep the night before due to the set up and preparation, and arriving at 6.45 am looking energized. I am used to this because of my work nature, and never complaint much about this, why ?? I love my job.

We have almost 90% ready by 7am, just some touching up. Dealing with government involvement, it requires some protocol, especially the salutation list. Well, it was not easy but I thanked the NGO which is Thalassaemia Association of Malaysia (TAM) especially the President for entrusting me this role. He even thanked me in his speech for the dedication and effort towards making this event a success.

The moment the PM's wife has confirmed her presence, we had to work on confirming the invitation list and some of the high ranking officers from the ministry didnt confirm their attendance. And we have to be on our toes at all times. Suddenly all showed up...and thankfully I have prepared for this...even the drinking water, glass are prepared for it.

Just before her arrival, I was running up and down ensuring we are all set. And her official informed me...she has left her residence. All the VVIP were on standby at the entrance to welcome her...and that was the beginning of the launch.

Everything went smoothly...and she left about one hour later. Of coures, in between, there were a lot of play by ear situations. If she wants this..or if she will not attend and etc. So it was exciting and great learning experience.

This is the first time seeing her in person...what is my feeling about her?? I shall not comment here....but I shoke her hand....hahahaha!

So, the actual event rolled out. The blood screening was really busy with a lot of public that came to find out if they are suspected Thalassaemia carrier. I noticed this young girl who was with her parents and she was crying when she read her screening result and whle the counsellor was talking to them.

Apparently her mom is a carrier and yesterday she found out she is a carrier. She can't accept that she is a carrier that she might have a thalassaemia major child in future....poor girl. Actually people like Abithar Bachan is also a carrier and in Malaysia, we are now in developing and advancing into the care of Thalassaemia treatment. Therefore, they are now surviving passed their 20s and even older.

There were a lot of fun activities on stage, the clown entertained the children, breakdance from a local famous dance group BBoy Suicide. We have happy lucky winners who walked home with iPod Nano...and it was all fun, fun and fun.

I drove home feeling extremely tired and almost dozed off a few times on the road..And had a quick dinner and slept right after the dinner..I was that exhausted.

Most importantly my client and the NGO is happy....my objective is met. I hope this awareness campaing has awaken all Malaysian.

2 comments:

True love said...

Hi r,

Thank you very much...it was indeed my 'hard labour' effort. I have been helping the NGO who is a patient himself to deliver and transport many things. We even went to Putrajaya to meet the ministry official to collect props and etc..

But it is all worth it. I am happy!

With metta to all!

True love said...

Hi r,

Everything is real...you know what I mean...hahahahaha!

Subscribe Now :

Followers

My passion..my job and places I have been !

Interests

  • Ripple cards
  • Beauty Tips, Hair, Travel ideas, Healthy Food, Massage, Spa