About Me

My photo
A lady with great sense of humour..love to laugh enjoy friends company, choose to live in current moment, forget about yesterday..like what a friend said to me tomorrow is mystery.. Happiness is a voyage...not a destination. "You must love in such a way that the person you love feels free"

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Can your ex be your friend ?

I thought about what to write and I really want to share something about my friendship with my ex boy friend. I had known him since school days and had gone through few bitter years on and off and eventually we went separate ways. And he is now happily married with 2 girls.

He left to further his study and he came back and settled down, got a job and we met again, and we were friends again. And we are truly good friends even till now despite how much tears I have shed when we broke off. You know what !? I should hate him for life for what he did to me after all those years we were together....haha !

In any relationship, a lot of couple split after sometimes for many reasons, those that I can think of like third party, too possessive, misunderstanding, family objections, long distance and many more excuses. But the truth is how many could actually let go and continue to be friends without bitter feeling ?

Seemingly I am one of those that are able to let go and continue to be friends with my ex, I realised all my best friends are actually my ex who knew me well. Not too sure if this is good or not ? Perhaps at times only one party is able to face the situation positively but the other may take it very badly. Of course, the process takes time and once you are able to think and accept the fact , life goes on ! For sure I don't create enemy with my friends and being able to let go and move on in life is a great thing. In life, we go through different phases and though some are not destined as a married couple, just keeping the friendship is truly wonderful.

Do you agree with me ?

3 comments:

Ming said...

Now I know you and I have something in common - staying friends with our ex.

True love said...

Thanks Cheh. My friend disagree with me. He said he can't accept the fact the I will continue to meet my ex and he doesn't believe there is only true friendship ! Guess it is all about trust ??!!

Ming said...

It is about trust in the current relationship and also says something about the mindset of person who cannot be friends with his/her ex i.e. he or she cannot let go, reach closure and move on, and let the romantic love relationship transforms into another type - friendship love. The most important ability is able to accept, heal and move on. Unhappiness tends to come from not being able to do so.

Subscribe Now :

Followers

My passion..my job and places I have been !

Interests

  • Ripple cards
  • Beauty Tips, Hair, Travel ideas, Healthy Food, Massage, Spa