About Me

My photo
A lady with great sense of humour..love to laugh enjoy friends company, choose to live in current moment, forget about yesterday..like what a friend said to me tomorrow is mystery.. Happiness is a voyage...not a destination. "You must love in such a way that the person you love feels free"

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

My trip to Shenzhen & Hong Kong on Air Asia


Last weekend I was away for work to Shenzhen and Hong Kong, traveling with me were a group important businessmen in OA industry.

We took Air Asia and being a low cost carrier, we pay less for many obvious reasons which I don't want to share here la.  But one thing I observed during the almost 95% full flight and nearly 90% were men.  Can you imagine all "ma lat lou" a little "hum sup", of course not all la..because on the same flight, there were a group of "Chinese sinseh" visiting medicine factory in Shenzhen neighbouring cities.   But somehow, there is a strong association of men going to Shenzhen and neighbouring cities like Dongguan and Changping for great social programme, entertainment and great food.

Our guide shared with us that the population age group is between 18 - 35 years old and it is very true, hardly see old folks in the city. And most of the Shenzhen residents are not local, thus they don't speak cantonese but mandarin. 

I enjoyed most was the hiking or "hang san" at Lotus Garden.  It was a good 45 mins walk up to the top of the square for the city skylight of Shenzhen city and the most popular Chairman Deng's bronze statue.   Enroute, we tried the local delicacy 冰糖葫芦which is haw coated with sugar or honey ! 

Fortunately our returning journey was from Hong Kong, and the flight was so much more pleasant,  there were family on board, very decently dressed businessman and less "hum sup" looking people on board.

Overall, the trip ended well and great to have known more friends on this trip.

No comments:

Subscribe Now :

Followers

My passion..my job and places I have been !

Interests

  • Ripple cards
  • Beauty Tips, Hair, Travel ideas, Healthy Food, Massage, Spa