About Me

My photo
A lady with great sense of humour..love to laugh enjoy friends company, choose to live in current moment, forget about yesterday..like what a friend said to me tomorrow is mystery.. Happiness is a voyage...not a destination. "You must love in such a way that the person you love feels free"

Friday, October 31, 2008

I am so blessed !

I just came back from the long overdue meditation class.

One year ago, I started my very first meditation class and it was metta meditation.  I went there on my own after a friend told me there is meditation class in BU.  I searched the net drove there as a total stranger to meditation and the centre.  All I knew then was I needed to seek calmness and free from suffering.

I can remember very well, the first lesson was so impossible to concentrate, I felt numbness on both legs, my mind was totally unfocussed, funny thoughts and I felt it was never going to end.  But that hasn't stopped me from going the following week, unfortunately it was a Hari Raya holiday season, the class was cancelled.   And I tried the following week, to my disappointment, again there was no session then.  



Soon after that, I tried to meditate at home, but not very succesful and months after that, I met up with my business associate's and he recommended that I should join Maha Vihara's meditation on Tuesday evening.  So I went once and found I am such a beginner, so I started all over and it was a Vippasana Meditation.

Today, since I came home early, I decided to drop by again at BU Buddhist Society to continue where I have left one year ago, and I am blessed that the meditation session was led by honorable Bhante from Sri Lanka Buddhist Vihara in Sentul.  He led us through the meditation in a very easy way, imagine our self, all beings at home, all beings in the village, all beings in the world and universe including the animal, last but not least to imagine our enemy.   The imagination is all about seeing everyone one being happy and less suffering.

Maybe I am not so lucky but I am truly blessed with kind and helpful peoples when I needed most.  I recalled when I was so down, I went to the temple to seek advice from Reverend Ratana, I was so blessed that despite his busy schedule, I appreciate his time spent with me and his valuable advice. I was even his driver that afternoon, taking him to the Ti Ratana Orphanage.  It was an eventful day for me that I will never forget.  And I appreciate others new and old friends who helped me in keeping my faith strong to continue to live happily.

Sadhu Sadhu Sadhu !

No comments:

Subscribe Now :

Followers

My passion..my job and places I have been !

Interests

  • Ripple cards
  • Beauty Tips, Hair, Travel ideas, Healthy Food, Massage, Spa