About Me

My photo
A lady with great sense of humour..love to laugh enjoy friends company, choose to live in current moment, forget about yesterday..like what a friend said to me tomorrow is mystery.. Happiness is a voyage...not a destination. "You must love in such a way that the person you love feels free"

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

The Discovery of Metta Meditation

I am just happy

It started just minutes before we started the meditation session. It is also a beginning of the new moon, and a Puja (prayer) was conducted. I feel blessed obviously :-) Brought a few candies home to share with my loved one...

Anyway, what is it that I was so happy about ? I remember one of the meetings I had with Honorable Chief Priest Rev. Ratana, he advised me that there is no SHORT CUT to meditation. Firstly you must start with Metta Meditation which is focusing on radiating loving kindness and then progress to Vippasana Meditation or Insight / Mindfulness Meditation which is commonly known.

I thought I understood what Chief said, oh yes we need to radiate loving kindness and that is when we are able to practise Insight / Calmness meditation. By statement I understood what he meant !


Suddenly the clarity came and I could relate what Chief told me months ago with an incident in my life. Someone that I knew often complaint about his anger, hatred and frustration he faced at work and with people in his life. And we spoke about meditation before and I think he is a better yogis than me, as claimed he does Vippasana meditation a lot more than I do. But why is there still so much anger, hatred and frustration in his life ? All of us has ups and downs even with our moods, but why do we get irritated easily if we practise mindfulness through meditation !?

There is no short cut is the answer...firstly like what Chief shared with me, practise Metta and with the right mindset and let the heart radiates loving kindness even towards people who has hurt us and caused us a lot of suffering. You will still feel calm, enjoy more inner peace and less agitated with situation that causes unpleasant or unhappy about.

I feel great for discovering this tonight...and I know why even though I have gone through a terribly down times in marriage yet there is no anger nor hatred towards it.

I am glad that radiating and practicing Metta has helped me a lot, it is so important to start it right....Sadhu Sadhu Sadhu !

1 comment:

True love said...

Hi r,

知足长乐 ~ 这是我的信念! Thanks for sharing !

With metta :-)

Subscribe Now :

Followers

My passion..my job and places I have been !

Interests

  • Ripple cards
  • Beauty Tips, Hair, Travel ideas, Healthy Food, Massage, Spa