About Me

My photo
A lady with great sense of humour..love to laugh enjoy friends company, choose to live in current moment, forget about yesterday..like what a friend said to me tomorrow is mystery.. Happiness is a voyage...not a destination. "You must love in such a way that the person you love feels free"

Saturday, September 13, 2008

My new colleagues and the generation gap

This is my 3rd month with this new company and last night we had our very first outing together, and it was to celebrate my boss's birthday as well as another colleague of ours. The planning started beginning of this week over IM, we had our discussion on silence mode..occasionally you will hear some of us giggling over our chat...haha.

Finally we decided to have it at The Curve and we tried the latest outlet..Bubba Gump, the Shrimp Co. My boss ordered the steak which he claimed as chewy as "Bubble Gum"....we had some other starters, main course...and refillable soft drink and ice lemon tea. Of course, my boss has his birthday tease from the restaurant...

During our dinner, we noticed our administrator was the only eating whereas all of us have stopped. And she just ignored us, taking her own sweet time to chew her food 20 times before she swallowed it........And she said " just continue your conversation, I am busy eating here, you guys can entertain me"...that was really funny !

The evening continued with a karaoke session though my boss doesn't sing, we were the one having great time. I realized there is generation gap between me and the juniors. They listen to different type of song, speak some Cantonese jargon that I have never used. They could even rap during and I was really amazed and entertained.

In the office, we usually turn on the radio and when the song played is from the 80's...guess what ? these young people will turn around and giggle at me..."your generations la"!

We had a real good time singing all kinds of songs...including some evergreen songs. Party ended at 3.30 am...

I have enjoyed it...

No comments:

Subscribe Now :

Followers

My passion..my job and places I have been !

Interests

  • Ripple cards
  • Beauty Tips, Hair, Travel ideas, Healthy Food, Massage, Spa