About Me

My photo
A lady with great sense of humour..love to laugh enjoy friends company, choose to live in current moment, forget about yesterday..like what a friend said to me tomorrow is mystery.. Happiness is a voyage...not a destination. "You must love in such a way that the person you love feels free"

Monday, January 26, 2009

The beginning of a rejuvenated Ox year !



I feel so good today..the first day of Chinese New Year !

In the past, yes I do feel good as always and keeping up with the traditions, as a mother and wife, there is a lot for me to prepare and be excited about the celebration.

However, this year, it is truly a rejuvenated new year !  Joining the holiday makers for a hearty breakfast, freshly blended fruit juices and excellent roti canai by an Indian chef, we adjourned to the beach front.  Breaking the traditions of giving out ang pow in the house, we had the ceremony by the beach with sea breeze blowing against our faces.

We rested by the pool and I fell asleep in my bikini while sun bathing.  And next we were ready for a quick lunch just before our spa therapy.   It is truly rejuvenating and exhilarating experience.  I find the 'Mandi Bunga' was truly meaningful especially on the first day of CNY.  The therapist will recite some suci phrases..eg.  Mandi for Happiness, Longevity, good luck and good health.   I just feel good after this ritual that things will be great for me.

First I had a facial and followed by a scalp treatment using all pure herbs and ingredient.  I feel really good to be back to basic and nothing chemical on my hair for once.

Then, it was my turn for the traditional massage and lastly the most exciting part of the treatment was the Rendam-Rendam supposedly good for woman.  It is a treatment contributing to wellness of the genital organs and firmness of vaginal muscles as the age......Well, it is normally done after childbirth and menstruation.   Typically living in the city, we find the natural healing method is too troublesome, and this afternoon, soaking myself in some herbal concoction in the open air bath tub, looking up at the clear blue sky accompanied by the sound of the wave ...hmmm, so relaxing.

And here comes the last part, seating on a hot stone..gosh, I have done many hot stone massages but never sat on one.  Well...hopefully it really works on me.

Not forgetting, we were served jamu drink to begin and to end the whole treatment session.

Though I couldn't feel the atmosphere of celebrating Chinese New Year, but I feel so relax and well rested.   Comparing to my recent working trip to Penang staying at another 5 star resort, I recalled I had a walk on the beach, but the feeling is totally different.  I was tensed and couldn't feel myself was actually in the resort.   Obviously, being away with my children and family and with my client do have a "big" different.

It is a great day for me...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wah seems like u reli enjoy yourself during this new year hor! hapi niu yer to you! =))

True love said...

JustinKC - Happy Niu Year to you and "GU" luck to you ! Yeah, it was a good break for me, I really enjoyed myself very much !

Subscribe Now :

Followers

My passion..my job and places I have been !

Interests

  • Ripple cards
  • Beauty Tips, Hair, Travel ideas, Healthy Food, Massage, Spa