About Me

My photo
A lady with great sense of humour..love to laugh enjoy friends company, choose to live in current moment, forget about yesterday..like what a friend said to me tomorrow is mystery.. Happiness is a voyage...not a destination. "You must love in such a way that the person you love feels free"

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Driving back to Kota Bharu for CNY

Hey..I got home safely !

It was supposed to be an early morning drive, but hmmm..I couldn't wake up as early as planned so decided to take it easy, don't want to pressure myself.  And after a roti canai breakfast, drove my car to the mechanic for final checking, then we started our journey. 

The drive was smooth, kids were doing well in the car, they ate, played games and slept along the way.  Driving pass different towns like Bentong, Kuala Lipis, passing by rugged and kampung route, a little bumpy rides till we get to Gua Musang, then Kuala Krai.  Had a brief stop for lunch...I needed to stretch my legs and have a teh-ice.   

Journey continued and I am glad the drive only took me 6 hours and I have arrived safely.


It is always nice to be back and I feel so relax here and been eating
 non stop..bought some local food like "nasi tupe" which is Nasi Tumpang - rice packed in cone-shaped in banana leaf.  It comes with either a small
 piece of fish, a shrimp curry with one or two tiny shrimp and a tiny portion of sambal !

We had dinner and lo-sang at this new restaurant which is located about 15 kms away from town towards Tumpat, it is called Orchard Garden.  Maybe Kota Bharu is very small, it seems like  a long drive, passing by
 padi fields with limited street light to get there.
After dinner, we went to the new year night market.  Chinese families are seen busy buying food stuff to prepare for reunion dinner, fresh flowers and some delicacies for new year.   

Then passing by my favourite "colek" stall - bought 8 types of preserved fruit and some fresh cut fruits like guava, jambu and pineapple.  It is kinda like rojak but the Kelantanese way.  Very delicious and you can also dip the keropok with the same sauce, and if you can take spicy...go for a double spicy sauce.

The evening would not be complete till we have our supper for some local light snacks and drinks at new Hayaki Cafe.  The de place for many malays who bring their laptop for free wi fi chatting.

It was a real long and tiring day for me...but a good reunion !

No comments:

Subscribe Now :

Followers

My passion..my job and places I have been !

Interests

  • Ripple cards
  • Beauty Tips, Hair, Travel ideas, Healthy Food, Massage, Spa