About Me

My photo
A lady with great sense of humour..love to laugh enjoy friends company, choose to live in current moment, forget about yesterday..like what a friend said to me tomorrow is mystery.. Happiness is a voyage...not a destination. "You must love in such a way that the person you love feels free"

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

CNY Preparation


Year in year out, again it is time to prepare for the most important festival for Chinese..the beginning of the lunar new year 2009 !

Last year, we were away for a short break in Hong Kong, then I remember the preparation was more of packing adequate winter clothing for the children.  Of course,  not forgetting some of the local food stuff that my sis ordered.  I remember how we cramped into her small studio apartment.   We simply do not feel the inconvenience and the children had their very first visit to Disneyland Hong Kong.

This year, we are not making any plan to travel out of country, but instead back to the tradition of visiting my parents...balik kampung !  The last time I went back to my hometown to celebrate CNY was 2006 and this would be my very first CNY driving back alone.  Honestly I feel nervous thinking of the long distance driving during festival.  The driving can stretch to 10 hours instead of 7 hours.

Since I was away again last weekend, I just did some last minute shopping to stock up the necessity.  My mom has taught me this since young.....it is a sign of prosperity.   Usually I would buy some plants too, but since I will be away, the plants would have died before I get home and I "pantang" that is not a good sign.  So I decided to buy fake flowers just to brighten up the house.  Maybe when I come back, I will get some fresh flowers from my favourite pakcik in SS2 market.  Cheap orchid that lasts at least 2 weeks.

Today has been a long evening for me, did so many things just to prepare for the CNY.  Just like many others who were at the mall for last minutes shopping and the mall opens till 11 pm.  Bought some snacks for the children to prepare them for the long distance journey. Brought back some cookies from my regular supplier, my son has already started with pineapple tarts and finished up a packet of the fortune cookies, looks like they have all the fortune from me...haha  !  

I am tired and having a real bad headache...and I need to prepare myself for balik kampung..got to sleep well !

May you be blessed with happiness, great health and abundance of wealth.  

Anumodana ~ rejoicing together for a great year ahead...and thank you for a blessed year !

Chinese new year is just a few days away...let's get into the mood ! 

鄧麗君 Teresa Teng 迎春花 Flowers That Welcome The Spring

鄧麗君 Teresa Teng 贺新年 New Year Blessings

No comments:

Subscribe Now :

Followers

My passion..my job and places I have been !

Interests

  • Ripple cards
  • Beauty Tips, Hair, Travel ideas, Healthy Food, Massage, Spa