About Me

My photo
A lady with great sense of humour..love to laugh enjoy friends company, choose to live in current moment, forget about yesterday..like what a friend said to me tomorrow is mystery.. Happiness is a voyage...not a destination. "You must love in such a way that the person you love feels free"

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Divorce



I have heard of so many unhappy marriages lately...very sad but it is all happening around me.  People that I know and seeing them losing weight coping with the whole ordeal.

One girl friend just successfully signed the divorce petition, another girl friend is waiting for the hearing that has been postponing since 6 years ago.  The postponement is enough to make her feeling stressed up.

And comparing what they have gone through and what I am going through, should I claim I am better ?  I really don't know what lies ahead of me ?  Do I have as much to deal with ?  Unfortunately some are facing abusive husbands and continuous threats !

How does one feel the moment the divorce is finally signed and done ?  What is the feeling ? Relief, insecure, happy or sad ?  How is one going to face the family, children, friends and the society ? Am I prepared for that ? Good question ??? Sometimes I think I do...I hope so ! 

Probably it will depend on if the divorce is settled amicably....what do you think ?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Depressing article, but gives good insight nevertheless. Maybe this is quite a naive thing to say, but I believe in 'Til death do us apart' and 'For as long as we both shall live' vows.

My marriage is not a bed of roses either. there was times where I thought I'll just give up and walk away, but I always remind myself that it's just a phase.

I am an outsider to you, and so i should not give you any opinion in regards of your upcoming decision on your marriage, but whatever you decide, I am sure it's for the best. Do keep a positive mindset, and stay strong.

True love said...

cleffairy - thanks for the encouragement ! Of course in any marriage, everyone should ideally believe in "Til death do us apart" as a good foundation in marriage to last forever. Unfortunately, some have to settle for second options..but life goes on !

Subscribe Now :

Followers

My passion..my job and places I have been !

Interests

  • Ripple cards
  • Beauty Tips, Hair, Travel ideas, Healthy Food, Massage, Spa