About Me

My photo
A lady with great sense of humour..love to laugh enjoy friends company, choose to live in current moment, forget about yesterday..like what a friend said to me tomorrow is mystery.. Happiness is a voyage...not a destination. "You must love in such a way that the person you love feels free"

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Progress of my divorce


After many months of not really sure what is happening, I called the lawyer again yesterday just to know the status. The person in charged of my file was away in court, I was a bit impatient, told them to leave message ensuring that I get a return call.

5pm, no call from the lawyer's office, I called up and was told she was still away from office. And half an hour ago, she returned my call ! I am glad she did. I told her the stress and agony of me in this divorce, I really don't know what to do, I can't have my husband back yet I have to bear all the responsibility of what he was supposed to do ! And I have to wait for months for it to be legalised and not even sure if the court will pass our petition.

I expressed to her my feeling and stress dealing with this. Since I started this proceeding almost 6 months ago, it should have concluded and not delaying till another 3 - 4 months.

Sounded like I am in the hurry to divorce, NO I am not, and I am not in the hurry to remarry ! I just want to conclude one uncertainty in life. To me, I don't bother to remarry, after what I have been through, I just want a life, a very happy and contented one maybe with someone that truly cares for me. Just creating happiness, walk through ups and down together in our lives.

Today, I asked the lawyer again the whole process, currently my "husband" is reviewing the amended petition, and once he returns we will sign the document. And after filing with the court, the hearing should be in 3 - 4 weeks time. That is when the judge will meet us personally or I may choose to be presented by the lawyer...not sure, and the judge will decide on our terms. If all goes well...3 months later it is declared all DONE. I can officially change my title to "Divorcee".

I feel so helpless...I am just a single lady managing all and 3 children ! I know I have been strong but at some point in life, I do feel weak ! So weak that I just break down and cry. At times like this, a good warm hug would be nice. I need one :)

This emotional thing is really disturbing...

No comments:

Subscribe Now :

Followers

My passion..my job and places I have been !

Interests

  • Ripple cards
  • Beauty Tips, Hair, Travel ideas, Healthy Food, Massage, Spa