About Me

My photo
A lady with great sense of humour..love to laugh enjoy friends company, choose to live in current moment, forget about yesterday..like what a friend said to me tomorrow is mystery.. Happiness is a voyage...not a destination. "You must love in such a way that the person you love feels free"

Saturday, April 4, 2009

Pilgrimage Prayer 朝山


Last week my Dhamma buddy informed me of this activity and I happily told her, count me in !

Got up very early at 5 am and drove to FGS and there is already lots of people getting ready to begin the prayer.  I see at least 100 peoples this morning !

This is my 2nd time performing this Pilgrimage Prayer.  This is normally done as a pilgrimage prayer to Buddhism Holy Mountain, but since we do not have such environment, our prayer was conducted around the field opposite the premises of FGS.

It took us 2 hours to complete the square and it is not easy to do this, we chant while walking 3 steps with a 5-point prostration position, just repeating the same thing till we complete the walk. It takes great perseverance to do this and what are the benefit of doing this, reduce my bad karma, enhancing my Dhamma practise and training ones perseverance and determination.  And if my family and friends come along, it is a good way to strengthen the ties and bonding between family and friends.

I am happy that I did it again....though both my knees are very sore and likely some pain soon !

No comments:

Subscribe Now :

Followers

My passion..my job and places I have been !

Interests

  • Ripple cards
  • Beauty Tips, Hair, Travel ideas, Healthy Food, Massage, Spa