About Me

My photo
A lady with great sense of humour..love to laugh enjoy friends company, choose to live in current moment, forget about yesterday..like what a friend said to me tomorrow is mystery.. Happiness is a voyage...not a destination. "You must love in such a way that the person you love feels free"

Friday, April 3, 2009

Mindfulness


Just got home from a get together with my ex colleagues and to welcome Ling who has just returned from abroad recently from nursing her injured bf.

The gathering is at the Litte Tree Cafe at Kuchai Entrepreneur Park, rather a distance from my office, and to get there during rush hour can be a real challenge.  It took me an hour and I was still stuck in town and I contemplate to go home instead of carry on with the dinner.  Somehow, the Dhamma that I have learnt yesterday has enlightened my "thoughts".  It is the "thought" about the traffic mess that affected my mood to consider cancelling my dinner plan with my fellow friends, and I switched my focus to enjoying the songs on the stereo, observing human traffic, window display on the street and I suddenly realised the traffic isn't as bad.  My heart felt so much lighter and my mind was all focused on getting there to enjoy ourselves.

I feel glad that I am applying mindfulness at times like this, if I have focused on the traffic madness, allowing the negative emotions to affect me, I probably would not have enjoyed myself when I get there.  Again, I remember what Ajahn Nyanadhammo shared with us last week, the journey we choose is upon our decision, so the little discomfort along the way is what I am responsible for.  When I think of it this way, I have prepared myself to face it and be happy about it.

Anyway, the dinner was great, chatting almost anything from food to pangsai story as well as breast feeding and etc.....my friend's husband has learned a few words in Hokkien and it is nothing but all the "pang" sai, pang pui and pang jiou....lol.  And her baby is such a lovely girl, her lovely big eyes will surely melt some lucky men when she grew up.

It has been great to get together just to unwind after a long week.  Though my day started great this morning, and midday I went through some emotional stress on personal matter and the unpleasant feeling didnt stay too long and thanks for a nice chat with a dear friend, it has indeed given me some moral support.

Thanks buddies...Good night and be happy and safe always !

No comments:

Subscribe Now :

Followers

My passion..my job and places I have been !

Interests

  • Ripple cards
  • Beauty Tips, Hair, Travel ideas, Healthy Food, Massage, Spa