About Me

My photo
A lady with great sense of humour..love to laugh enjoy friends company, choose to live in current moment, forget about yesterday..like what a friend said to me tomorrow is mystery.. Happiness is a voyage...not a destination. "You must love in such a way that the person you love feels free"

Saturday, April 11, 2009

Handy Woman


It is Saturday and it seems like a day getting things fixed up in the house !

I guess it is my nature that I can't leave things in the house unfixed !  Since day 1 I became "Mrs XXX", I realised I have been a handy wife.  Perhaps it is my independent nature that I overtook the role of managing the household.  If you ask me if I like it that way, not really !  I like to be a wife not a handy wife.   But at home, we need to have one handy person or a person who will organise the household, I proudly became one...lol !

Basically what I really need is to ask and to seek advice before I proceed, and I will get things done.  Just a matter of getting some advice if that is right way to do it.   I think nowadays, women are equally good in managing house hold !

No matter how independent I can be, I feel it is necessary to have someone whom we trust and we can ask opinion !  For example, I never knew much about my car, technically how do I keep up the condition of the car, somehow, I am forced by circumstances to deal with it.   So, it is good to ask for advice before I go ahead.

Why do I post about this ?  Coincidently a few things in the house didn't work and I got them fixed.   I remember sometimes ago, I had never dealt with the PC in the house, and it broke down.  I have no clue how to fix it, I was totally lost as it was maintained by my husband.  At that time,  I felt the frustration and I don't know what to do and who to call, can you imagine I don't even know the password and I depended so much on him ! Finally, I searched the newspaper, found a small ads and since then he became my PC repairer.

What I am saying is, everyday it is a learning lesson for me.   At some point in my life, I lost the dependency of someone, and I desperately need to find a way to survive on my own feet.  And I always feel, I live a life that unconsciously has groomed me as a independent person, funny but maybe it is true, prepared me to face the challenges in life. 

Well, this is more so dealing with nitty gritty of life, but on emotional level, I guess I am coping ok but it is still human nature that we need to have companionship.  I can't imagine living a life without love, friends and family ~ to love and be loved, I like both !

Have a good weekend, it has been a good one for me so far :)

No comments:

Subscribe Now :

Followers

My passion..my job and places I have been !

Interests

  • Ripple cards
  • Beauty Tips, Hair, Travel ideas, Healthy Food, Massage, Spa