About Me

My photo
A lady with great sense of humour..love to laugh enjoy friends company, choose to live in current moment, forget about yesterday..like what a friend said to me tomorrow is mystery.. Happiness is a voyage...not a destination. "You must love in such a way that the person you love feels free"

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Growing old together


Today while I was waiting for my children, I witness something that I felt sad about it.

A couple in their early 60's I believe, and the man has suffered stroke on the right side, and there was a napkin hang over his shirt as he salivates unconsciously.  The woman looks healthy with the help from the maid, pushing her husband around in the wheel chair.

We were sharing the lift and I couldn't see any sign of happiness shown on her face,  her facial expression was very dull, and the only gesture I saw was she wiping his saliva that was dripping off from his mouth.  

I began to think, how long has she been doing this ? What is her pain in coping with this situation ? Does she have any frustration ?  How about the man, he looks tall and well built even though he is sitting on the wheel chair, and what would be his frustration unable to move due to limited physical ability plus speech impairment ?  What is on his mind for those who cares for him ? Can they both share how they feel for each other now ?

The thought that came to my mind was, as a wife or life partner, when one is stricken with such sickness,  it is the duty of the capable one to look after, accept him unconditionally and be prepared to walk this path together.  Saying is easy, but when reality hits us, it is about facing different life altogether, it is also a time to test oneness ultimately !

I feel sympathy for them.  The best I can do for myself is to stay healthy, hopefully I don't have to go through this and expecting someone to take care of me.  While we can and if you have someone to love, just love truly and enjoy each other, give the best love you have, show the most affectionate part of you to your loved one !  Good  life and happy moments can be short...so, just enjoy la !

Metta loving kindness to this couple...may they be well, healthy and happy ! Sharing here two beautiful love songs...

Have a wonderful week ahead :)




No comments:

Subscribe Now :

Followers

My passion..my job and places I have been !

Interests

  • Ripple cards
  • Beauty Tips, Hair, Travel ideas, Healthy Food, Massage, Spa