About Me

My photo
A lady with great sense of humour..love to laugh enjoy friends company, choose to live in current moment, forget about yesterday..like what a friend said to me tomorrow is mystery.. Happiness is a voyage...not a destination. "You must love in such a way that the person you love feels free"

Monday, May 25, 2009

Be yourself, true to yourself


It is almost impossible to change the characteristic and personality of one.

We may say many things to change our mind set, attended many motivational talks, read the best self help books, only to think it works, but truly it lies within ourselves. Who exactly we are, the fear we faced and truth in life of who we are.

When I started to write my blog, I have written it as a way for me to explore my writing skill...though not excellent, but just a way for me to release my stress, a journal of good things in life, funny moments and every little things that I came across in life. I have left the comment column open, didn't expect much from it, and I read the comments though some left it as anonymous. I took every comment without offend and I accepted whatever that comes.

There is always a choice of no publishing the comments, but the fact is when you read a comment that is not to your liking, can you accept that just reading it ?? Everyone has different opinion and see things from different perspective, thus comments can be unfriendly or judgemental or even find it silly. This is fear of being judged which most of us are afraid of. In life, we talk and meet people, we also receive comments and critics...like it or not, this is life, just listen and judge wisely what is right or wrong, if we should talk further and react with mindfulness.

A new blogger like me, not popular as compared to many out there, and if you are so used to receiving comments and the readership is somewhat important, I think no matter how it is ingrained that these seasoned bloggers will need the attention of readers.

Therefore, be true to yourself who you are, what you like. This is how I feel about life, I enjoy doing things that I have been doing, only through experiences that life ahead will be more meaningful.

Are you happy with what you are now ?? Is this the life you want ? Are you really achieving the inner peace and feel contented ?

I can't lie to myself of what I wish to be.....self affirmation without being true to ourselves will not lead us a long way...

I like to share something I read from Robin Sharma's book :

Darkness is nothing more than an absense of light; once you pour the light of human awareness and understanding into the darkest recesses of your being, you will become a being filled with light. Where there was once fear, there will be love. What it means to be "en-light-entend" ~ one filled with light. The integrity gap is a step home, towards the state of enlightenment that you truly are.

Just my rambling thoughts...Be yourself, be true to yourself !

2 comments:

sf said...

good read.
sf

True love said...

Hi sf,

Thanks and hope to see you around !
Have a blissful day !

:)

Subscribe Now :

Followers

My passion..my job and places I have been !

Interests

  • Ripple cards
  • Beauty Tips, Hair, Travel ideas, Healthy Food, Massage, Spa