About Me

My photo
A lady with great sense of humour..love to laugh enjoy friends company, choose to live in current moment, forget about yesterday..like what a friend said to me tomorrow is mystery.. Happiness is a voyage...not a destination. "You must love in such a way that the person you love feels free"

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Wesak Day

So, Wesak Day has arrived !

First time ever I went to the temple as early as 6.30 am on Wesak Day. What I saw yesterday and compare with the visits I made before, it is different.

It wasn't busy yet, and the place is filled with volunteers, reporting to work and getting to their duty post. The main highlight was the official from Sri Lanka High Comm came to officiate the opening with cultural dance to usher their arrival. And the queue for offering and blessing started as early as 7am.

So, what was my big role yesterday ??? It is a nice job because at the end of the session, my fingers were all fragranced naturally by chrysanthemum. The smell stays on my fingers till now....I do wash my hands ok...haha. Any idea what I was doing ? I was shredding flower petals to be placed in recycle paper packet. It is given to devotees to bring home for showering and blessing !

I am not sure about others while shredding, but I feel the sense of mindfulness is required, I was totally focus on the greatness of this job. I chose and picked if the flowers are not burned, mixing them to have a good blend of colourful petals and some jasmine just to add some fresh fragrance. I imagine the delightful faces of the devotees when they received the colourful flowers.

Next year I look forward to contribute more....

No comments:

Subscribe Now :

Followers

My passion..my job and places I have been !

Interests

  • Ripple cards
  • Beauty Tips, Hair, Travel ideas, Healthy Food, Massage, Spa