About Me

My photo
A lady with great sense of humour..love to laugh enjoy friends company, choose to live in current moment, forget about yesterday..like what a friend said to me tomorrow is mystery.. Happiness is a voyage...not a destination. "You must love in such a way that the person you love feels free"

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

A Maid's Dilemma


This morning, while I was walking, I was approached by a maid came running to me, and she spoke to me in Mandarin which I realised she is from Vietnam.  

She said, please help me.  I have just cleaned up the car but after I locked the car, the lights are still blinking !  I don't know what happened ?

Initially I was a bit reluctant or I should say I don't know if I should help.  I am more than happy to help her out, but wait, I need to consider if her employer finds out, will she get scolded for asking a stranger to help her...maybe I have a kind and approachable look...yeah !  I thought okay to help her, so I look inside the car to see if there is anything wrong with any button, and because it is a nice Estima and I don't drive a nice MPV like this, I needed sometime to look around.  Then again, common sense for any driver, the gadget like indicator and wiper are about the same.

While searching around to see what is wrong, I advised her to lock up the car and go back upstairs to inform her employer, she looked at me pitifully, she said, I live on the upper floor and I interrupted "your employer will scold you?" She said, "yes".  I know her dilemma was if she goes back and be frank to her, she may scold her as she needed to come down to check what happened.  And again, perhaps she is not having a good relationship with her employer or she is a difficult lady to work with, I don't know and probably she lives in the penthouse.

Actually I have seen her employer before during one of the morning walks...sometimes people look good from the outside but when dealing with their domestic maid, they tend to look down and give little respects to them.

As for me, I take my maid as my best assistant at home.  I must say I have been blessed so far for having trustworthy and honest maid for the past 8 years.  I take care of them as good as I take care of anyone.

Finally, I got it, it was the hazard light button !  She was so grateful....she said "I truly thank you!"  She made my day..I feel good helping her !

No comments:

Subscribe Now :

Followers

My passion..my job and places I have been !

Interests

  • Ripple cards
  • Beauty Tips, Hair, Travel ideas, Healthy Food, Massage, Spa