About Me

My photo
A lady with great sense of humour..love to laugh enjoy friends company, choose to live in current moment, forget about yesterday..like what a friend said to me tomorrow is mystery.. Happiness is a voyage...not a destination. "You must love in such a way that the person you love feels free"

Monday, May 4, 2009

Money Sense

While I was out with my two older children, just before we left the house, I was unhappy with them because they have misplaced the small part of the toy that my sis bf just bought for them yesterday.

My daughter has asked me to buy some magic tricks for her that I didn't want to, but my sis bf loves them so much and he bought some for them. I know my children that they do misplace items and I think not only my children but some other families do have the same problem.

But today I was adamant that I want them to be appreciative of what they are provided in life. When I was talking about this, I thought if they were too young to understand the value of money. In the sense of understanding what money can do ! They are 10 and 7 years old and given pocket money to school, I am sure both of them understand what is important. And I am sure they have the basic money sense. What remains as my objective is to teach them to appreciate those who loves and provides them.

I started to share with them what we can do with RM50 that was paid for the toys as compared to the milk that I can get from the supermarket. It is not really about if they should be given the toys, but it is really my wish for them to appreciate whatever that they received.

I guess it is not a one lesson thingy to teach them to appreciate and understand the important of money and its value. Being a parent, it is a life long education for them. I really have to show them the right understanding of money sense...

No comments:

Subscribe Now :

Followers

My passion..my job and places I have been !

Interests

  • Ripple cards
  • Beauty Tips, Hair, Travel ideas, Healthy Food, Massage, Spa