About Me

My photo
A lady with great sense of humour..love to laugh enjoy friends company, choose to live in current moment, forget about yesterday..like what a friend said to me tomorrow is mystery.. Happiness is a voyage...not a destination. "You must love in such a way that the person you love feels free"

Sunday, May 3, 2009

Get healthy

I was in the hospital two days ago, while waiting for consultation at the emergency area, I couldn't help but kept looking around at everyone who stepped in.

One lady who was bleeding profusely on the nose, had a golf ball size of swollen eyes..blood all over her shirt, I felt so sad for her and it seems like she met an accident riding her motorcycle. Next, another man came in the observation area complaining of stomachache which lasted 2 - 3 days, and blood found in the urine, next I saw a woman looking pale and weak, not much of expression on her face...trying to look calm, but I know she is definitely very sick.

Witnessing all these in one night, my thought was immediately focused on I need to be healthy. I want to live a better life, not on material gain but better as in less sickness, healthy life style.

It is important to be spiritually strong in mind and our body does compliment the right mind set. I believe so and I really want it to happen that way. When I was younger, I used to go to the gym with my housemate. And when I started working, I don't exercise that much except for playing squash. And when I started to have my children, my focus was on them and I neglected my own fitness. I give all my time to my husband to have his golf game on weekly basis, while I stayed at home to look after the children. Occasionally we will go to the park with the kids. That is all I do for my fitness.

Thankfully, I am always careful with what I eat, less oil, not much of deep frying except for my favourite goreng pisang. I used to take roti canai for breakfast but I cut down and not even once a week. I take simple breakfast, toast bread, yogurt, cereal and eggs sometimes. I control what I eat for lunch, the fact is that the entire street behind my office, from the very first stall to the last are serving majority Indian or Malay rice. Only 1 - 2 stalls Chinese food serving Mixed rice, Yong Tau Foo and noodles. So, at times, I will skip or just take some fruits or if I can plan my lunch away from office, I would do so. As for dinner, it will be home cooked food, soup is the most important for my family. My kids love soup so do I. I am a very soupy person and each time when I change the maid, training them to boil soup is priority...

Generally, I am watchful of my diet and I appreciate the motivation from my dear friend to work out more, and I have started to work out regularly and it helps. I feel better nowadays and I hope to keep up with it.

I want to keep a healthy lifestyle and age gracefully....looking young haha :)

No comments:

Subscribe Now :

Followers

My passion..my job and places I have been !

Interests

  • Ripple cards
  • Beauty Tips, Hair, Travel ideas, Healthy Food, Massage, Spa