About Me

My photo
A lady with great sense of humour..love to laugh enjoy friends company, choose to live in current moment, forget about yesterday..like what a friend said to me tomorrow is mystery.. Happiness is a voyage...not a destination. "You must love in such a way that the person you love feels free"

Saturday, May 23, 2009

Marley & Me


I bought the DVD for almost 2 months and finally I watched it with my children !

It is a very touching story and what is life like when you have a pet at home.

I grew up with 2 dogs at home, Blackie was a black dog and Shasha was a mixed breed....I really can't remember what they were...sorry. I used to be afraid of Blackie because he was taller than me, I was in my primary and when we had Shasha a small size dog, I played a lot with him.

And watching this show reminds me of the day when I was with my husband, one evening, he brought home a black puppy...given by a friend and he knew I love animal, so we kept her. It is exactly like the show, we were about to get married and started the family. Similarly we were afraid of how she could be jealous of the new arrival at home.

Finally we were ready to move to our condo and we have to decide her fate. Since we kept the house for awhile, we left her there and we visited the house everyday. And finally we felt it is time to give her away but no one wanted her because she was 6 years old. So, the only choice was to give her to SPCA.

I can remember vividly when I left her there that evening, the staff at SPCA told me they will try to find her an adoption but unlikely as she was too old. They will put her to sleep if there is no adoption (I can't remember the time frame). I cried looking at her as we were leaving. I never called SPCA to find what happen to her then...

Again I cried watching this movie, some part of the show reminded me of how I started my family, coping and balancing our lives with children.

Just memories...life goes on !

:)

No comments:

Subscribe Now :

Followers

My passion..my job and places I have been !

Interests

  • Ripple cards
  • Beauty Tips, Hair, Travel ideas, Healthy Food, Massage, Spa