About Me

My photo
A lady with great sense of humour..love to laugh enjoy friends company, choose to live in current moment, forget about yesterday..like what a friend said to me tomorrow is mystery.. Happiness is a voyage...not a destination. "You must love in such a way that the person you love feels free"

Sunday, May 3, 2009

Picnic Breakfast

It is a Sunday morning that the children are not occupied with any activities.

Since Friday, we have decided and I promised them to go to the park for a picnic breakfast and work out. Eventhough I was very tired from a day out with my sister plus my son was ill last night and had to bring him to the hospital, we went along with the plan...it is unfair to them if I cancelled this outing and it has been awhile since we last went to the park.

Driving out from the house, in a cool breezy morning after rain last night, I left the windows down enjoying some fresh air. A little bit of sun from the sunroof.....but the feeling was great.

It was very crowded at the park and first thing my son said, "Mom, I remember this place, a lot of memories". I know very well what he meant, we, as it when the family was still in 'one piece' used to come here for walk on weekend. I know he has memories of his father spending time with him playing at the playground, walking along the stream, the suspension bridge and feeding the turtle. I couldn't help to feel the sadness for awhile, seeing other families enjoying themselves. I think that is natural that I have memories of the past...

We had a good walk, we talked and ran, they feed the birds, watching monkey and the children contributed some wastes at the public toilet...not bad 20 cents per entry but seems clean, and the clumsy little baby had a fall...no big deal, she is a tough girl.

Finally, we settled at the wooden picnic bench in the park for our breakfast. The maid has made some sandwiches and fruits. It is quite eventful morning, seeing a lovely young Malay couple enjoying their own 'bekal' breakfast, a Chinese young couple taking their wedding photo whereby the bride is actually wearing a pair of slippers under her elegant looking wedding gown and some other families young and old spending quality bonding moments.

It is the same for me.....it is about the bonding with my children not neglecting their childhood lifestyle. They really enjoyed themselves and I think I will bring them more often...

I am happy to have such a great Sunday morning.....I appreciate what life has given me so far !

:-)

No comments:

Subscribe Now :

Followers

My passion..my job and places I have been !

Interests

  • Ripple cards
  • Beauty Tips, Hair, Travel ideas, Healthy Food, Massage, Spa