About Me

My photo
A lady with great sense of humour..love to laugh enjoy friends company, choose to live in current moment, forget about yesterday..like what a friend said to me tomorrow is mystery.. Happiness is a voyage...not a destination. "You must love in such a way that the person you love feels free"

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

A great quote for the day


The past is your present,
The present is your future !

While driving home after my weekly meditation class, our meditation teacher, Brother James as usual very cheerful and share his metta and thanked everyone for radiating metta ! While he was sharing the dhamma he quoted "The present now is your future, and the past is your present". Does it make any sense to you ? Anyway, Buddhism is about seeking truth, realisation and enlightenment.

Yes, I think so. What you are now is what you have done in the past, and what you are doing now is the future of what you wish to be ! In simple explanation :)

I am happy that I am part of this meditation class, why am I here to share the merit, to be part of the meditators is due to the past or my karma ! Not necesary that I was bad, it could be something that I have done well in the past, and this life I am here to continue and hopefully my next life will be fully enlighten !

Today, the dhamma talk is about the 6 senses that is related to meditation. While we are meditating, we are constantly affected by the senses, and because of that, our mind goes away, and it is with mindfulness that we are able to bring ourselves back to focus on our breathing...achieving Samadhi. In daily life, when we are not mindful of constant changes in life, we tend to have a "immediate" like and dislike of things about us. With mindfulness, it helps us to accept things as it is.....

Another excitement is I got a volunteer job for this coming Wesak Day ! I have always wanted to volunteer myself for many years, but it never happened partly due to I was traveling too, and I am really happy to be part of this grand celebration !

Today is a good day for me, on my way into the temple, I met up with Chief, and on my way out, I managed to pay him a visit, he asked me how am I doing with meditation, I ashamedly told him, I am still learning, he gave me an encouraging reply, it is not about one to two days learning !

I feel I am truly blessed...Metta to all beings !

No comments:

Subscribe Now :

Followers

My passion..my job and places I have been !

Interests

  • Ripple cards
  • Beauty Tips, Hair, Travel ideas, Healthy Food, Massage, Spa