About Me

My photo
A lady with great sense of humour..love to laugh enjoy friends company, choose to live in current moment, forget about yesterday..like what a friend said to me tomorrow is mystery.. Happiness is a voyage...not a destination. "You must love in such a way that the person you love feels free"

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Arrivederci Roma

I started humming this song during the cocktail...lol, and the cocktail has nothing to do with Rome !


Probably is due to Andrea Bocelli's song,  not Italian either, maybe is his voice that brought back the memory of this lovely song !

Visiting Rome is something I will not forget, I just love Italy as a whole and it is still in my dream to revisit Rome and some cities that I have not visited.

I remember our local driver whose name is Francesco, a bald-headed very shy young man who speaks very little English, he drove us all over the city during our stay there !  And on the departure day, he gave us "Bacio" which mean a kiss...on the cheeks!

Arrivederci Roma is a folk song and everyone in Rome should know how to sing !  I remember we were in this tiny restaurant, enjoying pasta and Italian dishes, an old Italian man with his guitar started to serenade this song !  While enjoying the dinner, we were entertained...and we bought the CD !

However, when I listened to it again back home...it is just not as good as when I was there !

I think I have to visit Italy for the 3rd time and to listen to this song again....funny somehow listening to the song in Rome was so romantic !

2 comments:

LifeRamblings said...

lovely pictures.

i love listening to Andrea Bocelli's songs. he's so amazing.

True love said...

LR - the photos gotten from the web..i lost most of the photos taken while I was there ! Probably a few hard copies ! All I have is my memories of this romantic country !

Subscribe Now :

Followers

My passion..my job and places I have been !

Interests

  • Ripple cards
  • Beauty Tips, Hair, Travel ideas, Healthy Food, Massage, Spa