About Me

My photo
A lady with great sense of humour..love to laugh enjoy friends company, choose to live in current moment, forget about yesterday..like what a friend said to me tomorrow is mystery.. Happiness is a voyage...not a destination. "You must love in such a way that the person you love feels free"

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Single Mom's Chat


I met up with a single mom, a friend whom I haven't met for years and it was a good catch up.
 
We are both single but for different reasons.  She lost her husband due to illness and I guess I don't have to explain my side of the story.

We asked each other on how we cope with life, she has 2 children and I have 3 ! She said, it is tough life and yours are handful !  We agreed on so many things, we tried and still trying each and every day to cope with the dynamic life ahead of us.  We coped and we have done well...cheers to us being a woman !  

Actually, it is not easy being a mother..be it a single mom or happily married ones.  Those still married, have to deal with the emotions of their husband..so considering lucky that the divorced woman has headache at least.  

It is probably the characteristic of a single mom, you may not agree with me but we both think we can manage and we have handled our life well, portraying an image of a very independent woman.   It comes a time where we felt we have to manage all by ourselves...and this is what happened to me at times, I try my best to organise my weekends, by filling in my own activities even the slightest time I have.   And when I can't get things done, I get upset with myself and it stressed me up.

Of late, I think it is just another cycle of my life, though it hasn't been great as I wished but I beginning to accept and I am letting go and compromised with it when I know I can't handle it.  I have asked for help with friends whom I have never ever asked before, and it is somehow my nature that if I can manage, I will not trouble anyone.  But my gf reminded me, perhaps by asking for that favour, your friend will feel great to help you out !  Probably yes !

At the end of our chat, no matter how strong and resilient we have portrayed to the world, admittedly we still feel tired and stressful and sometimes suffocating after a long period of downs and we do feel lonely and needed a shoulder to lean on, a good listener when we need to talk to someone about our work, life and etc.  Even someone we can call for a cuppa or movie just to relax !  We need that break from the kids...she is luckier than me, her in-laws and family are here !

She being a Christian, she shared something she learnt from the bible....thanks and it is comforting and I appreciate that !

There is really no scale where we can measure if I have been a good mom..otherwise I think I would have broken down and God knows what will happen to my 3 little darlings.  I do what I can for them and provide them the best love I could as a mother !

I guess this is all about what life is !?? 

2 comments:

molly said...

Hi True love,
I just went to meet up with some great single mums. I think it is good to have some one to listen to us and at the same time lend a listening ear to others.

True love said...

molly - perhaps I need to get to know more single moms...let's stay connected ! Hope you day out with them has been great !

Subscribe Now :

Followers

My passion..my job and places I have been !

Interests

  • Ripple cards
  • Beauty Tips, Hair, Travel ideas, Healthy Food, Massage, Spa