About Me

My photo
A lady with great sense of humour..love to laugh enjoy friends company, choose to live in current moment, forget about yesterday..like what a friend said to me tomorrow is mystery.. Happiness is a voyage...not a destination. "You must love in such a way that the person you love feels free"

Monday, February 9, 2009

Lao Juak on Chap Goh Mey


It has been a great day for me both socially and spiritually.

Invited a few friends over to the house for lunch to rekindle old time and to "Lao Juak" for CNY. It is a pot luck party and we planned out the menu and I decided to cook my favourite salted veg toufu soup with noodles...yummy! It has been awhile since I have invited friends over and this is probably the very first one ever since I have so much personal problems to cope.  Hopefully with this "Lao Juak" gathering it will bring great stability to all.  It is all I asked for.   

Since it is Chap Goh Mey, many friends told me they have family dinner to attend, sometimes I wish my parents are near me too, and I can be like others reunion again on this special day, unfortunately my parents do not live near me, and being a mother myself, I will do my best to teach them as I don't want my children to forget the traditions, and in between work and family life, I have to ensure they enjoyed their CNY.  It is never easy..but I tried and they had a good CNY I think....lol !  The best I have heard so far is my baby girl Jolene could say clearly Gong Xi Fa Cai..in Mandarin !

As an adult, we have so many things to worry about, this CNY has been unique I find, first was the break away trip to refresh and recharge my energy, celebrated with my parents and sisters back home, and attended a few open house parties.  I feel so happy seeing the kids enjoying themself running about meeting new friends.  I know unfortunately my family is incomplete and the kids do not have a perfect family, but I am grateful that my children are independent and totally understanding and very considerate of my feelings.

Since this is the first 15th day of the first month..I went to the temple to chant.  It is always very calming whenever I chant and sometimes I wish I could have done better and I should be.  

When I chant, I feel it is an inner healing for me, and all my worries and fear will be wiped out through the chant..and I feel relief that through dhamma..I found the peace in me again.  Confident is all I need to face this challenging life..

My wish for this year is a smooth sailing journey in personal life and career wise...and for all of you too.

Happy Chinese Valentines Day and 元宵节!

No comments:

Subscribe Now :

Followers

My passion..my job and places I have been !

Interests

  • Ripple cards
  • Beauty Tips, Hair, Travel ideas, Healthy Food, Massage, Spa