About Me

My photo
A lady with great sense of humour..love to laugh enjoy friends company, choose to live in current moment, forget about yesterday..like what a friend said to me tomorrow is mystery.. Happiness is a voyage...not a destination. "You must love in such a way that the person you love feels free"

Thursday, February 26, 2009

My best buddy inspires me to cook again


I have many good friends whom we have known each other since we were kids in primary.  And I still have many that we are still in touch, and I have one very good buddy whom I shared almost anything with her.  

Some part of my stories, she probably only found out recently but she is a true friend who can accept me as I am and who will not desert me due to my past.

She is the first person to know about what happened to my personal life, work, family and my romance.  She stands by me and give me the encouragement.

We usually meet for lunch whenever we are available, as she is a very successful career woman and we are both occupied in the evening for family and other obligations.

Why do I write about her ?  We spoke about cooking for our loved one and she said her daughter said something meaningful to her after she started to cook for the family..."Mama, since you cook for us, I feel the sense of closeness in the home".  This phrase has an effect on me....haha !  I seriously think I have to cook again !  And she said her husband feels happy to be home to enjoy her cooking which reminds him of his younger day before married..enjoying his mom's cooking !

Recently I posted "I am inspired to cook again", I was thinking a lot about cooking again, the excuse for not cooking was the kids are still young and they will not enjoy, actually my son is no longer a small boy, he is turning 10 in 2 weeks time, and he has good appetite for food !

So, during lunch, we exchanged some cooking ideas and the funny thing is she has creative ideas on recipe but I have better knowledge on cooking techniques..it is actually a good combination !

Actually..I love to cook maybe I should start cooking again, just need to reschedule my weekend routine and leave me sometime to work in the kitchen !

I used to enjoy the unpacking and cleaning and washing after wet market shopping...and I usually will prepare the ingredient and portion them into container.  It helps to speed up the defrosting process and less wastage.  I was really organised and I need to keep it up again !

Yes, I am inspired to cook again and it will start from this weekend !  Nothing fancy, just me cooking for my little darlings !

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thats the sweetest thing, to cook for your loved ones. You're great mum indeed:)

True love said...

iris - yes, it is and I am really serious about cooking again !

molly said...

A women's place is in the kitchen, oh, no? I love to be in the kitchen after work.
Have a wonderful day!

True love said...

molly - I love to be in the kitchen after work, but with the traffic, by the time I get home...my poor darlings will be dying of hunger..haha ! So not going to pressure myself too much, let's start with weekend lor :-)

LifeRamblings said...

i normally cook on weekends. Since I learned how to cook 13 years ago, I’ve also learned how to polish my cooking techniques.

True love said...

LR - thanks for visiting, I made up my mind, I am going to start this weekend ! Hope to see enjoy reading my blog !

Subscribe Now :

Followers

My passion..my job and places I have been !

Interests

  • Ripple cards
  • Beauty Tips, Hair, Travel ideas, Healthy Food, Massage, Spa