About Me

My photo
A lady with great sense of humour..love to laugh enjoy friends company, choose to live in current moment, forget about yesterday..like what a friend said to me tomorrow is mystery.. Happiness is a voyage...not a destination. "You must love in such a way that the person you love feels free"

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Children's party



Yesterday my children attended a birthday party at Kids Sport..if you know where and what that is !

I have done 3 parties at Kidz Sport before, and I couldn't agree to have it there and the games they played over years are still the same.

My son requested to have his 10th birthday party..and the reason is this is his first "double digits" birthday....haha ! And my children have been very lucky, they have their birthday parties at 1 year old...then alternate years.

As a single mom who has so much to work out, I know last year has been a very challenging and tough year for all of us.  It has been very hard for me especially and trying to balance life for the children, work and etc.

Since Jordan has requested again...I don't have the heart to turn him down.  They have been very understanding children.  So, I decided to start the hunt for venue.  It will be a party for 2, Jordan and Jolene.  

Varies places I visited today.......Kidz Sport is out, McDonald..boring, Camp 5, Get Crafty and Starship Galactica will be new to us !   Did some comparison on their activities, pricing and overall what can the kids enjoy and learn from the party, finally I short listed Camp 5.  As a parent, if you are not, you probably would not understand this...inviting a kid to your party, I must think of the food quality, type of activities and if the children will appreciate something at the end of it.  Why ?  It is not cheap to organise a party, and I got to make sure it is worthwhile and memorable.

Checked around for some party ideas, thought about having it at home, then again there is a lot to prepare, rental of venue, chairs and table, catering and the whole works of organising.  Some ideas like clown, magician, sand arts, even having pets and reptiles are not appealing to me.  The cost would be about the same !

So my Sunday since 9 am and it is all around the children...a very tired long day...but glad I have found something that I am happy !  Now, I look forward to the party...

No comments:

Subscribe Now :

Followers

My passion..my job and places I have been !

Interests

  • Ripple cards
  • Beauty Tips, Hair, Travel ideas, Healthy Food, Massage, Spa