About Me

My photo
A lady with great sense of humour..love to laugh enjoy friends company, choose to live in current moment, forget about yesterday..like what a friend said to me tomorrow is mystery.. Happiness is a voyage...not a destination. "You must love in such a way that the person you love feels free"

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Challenges of a mother


What is the challenges of a mother ?  It is a question that has many answers and it can't be listed out and covers for all mothers.  Some parents have to deal with very sick child, death, kidnapped, rebellious and many more.

I like to share what I have learnt from my client, she has a teenage son 16 years old and since I knew her, she told me how stressful she is dealing with her son every morning and having to meet the principal in school on disciplinary matters !

The problem is her son refused to attend school and he has missed 5 months last year !  The reason is that he finds it not interesting to study in school and there is nothing much to learn from.  And he feels he is able to do the same at home.  Surprisingly he passed his PMR last year !

So, we went into understanding what are his son's interest ! He loves music and he enjoys playing different instruments.  So we encourage her to let him explore on his interest.  Next, we suggest to make a deal with her son and the school, allowing him home studies for 3 months or so, and if he can make through, there is really something to think about !  But if he fails, he has to agree to the mom to go back to school.

Actually this young man wants to study even want to take GCE, but the problem is he just doesn't want to be in the school environment.    And we also explore on the possibility of him pursuing his interest enthusiastically, but his mom still insisted that he must complete the formal education.

I sympathised and felt for her getting her son out from bed to go to school.....during our chat yesterday, she actually cried due to the emotional pain of failing to coach her son.

This is just one challenge for a great mom...and there are more !  I have my own challenges to dealing with my kids,  woman said to me, it is good be single mom as you made your decision for your children.  I hope I have made right decisions so far, sometimes I am not sure if my method is right, but I hope they will be successful in their own ways.  Mostly importantly, they must be conscience and let it lead them to be a great person !

Our advice to her is to let go a little and when she is less tense with the situation, the outcome might be better for both !  

This is all about the unconditional love from a mother for her children :)

No comments:

Subscribe Now :

Followers

My passion..my job and places I have been !

Interests

  • Ripple cards
  • Beauty Tips, Hair, Travel ideas, Healthy Food, Massage, Spa