About Me

My photo
A lady with great sense of humour..love to laugh enjoy friends company, choose to live in current moment, forget about yesterday..like what a friend said to me tomorrow is mystery.. Happiness is a voyage...not a destination. "You must love in such a way that the person you love feels free"

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

"Kao Jam"


What is that ?  

Have you heard of this ?  Kao Jam is actually a Thai word, the meaning is Rice Salad.  It is an oil- free meal (if  no coconut added).  I love this and had been eating this since I was a kid and now I am cooking at home.

It is actually rice cooked in green leafy juice. The leaves are picked and selected by the local people who actually knows which type to pick.  The leaves are blended and made into juice to cook the rice.  It is naturally fragrance and no colouring is added.

The other condiments are raw vegetables such as cucumber, long bean, finely chopped lemon grass (serai), torch ginger (bunga kantan), onion, bean sprout, fish and grated coconut and served with fish crackers (keropok) too !

For the flavour, it is a must to have Budu ~ fermented fish sauce.    The equivalent of soy sauce but very much fishy in taste,  without that it doesn't work.   The "soy sauce" that I grew up with...even my children are trained now and they love budu with fried fish !

Once my son asked me to cook something for the school fun fair, so with the help from my mom, sis and my maid, we prepared 100 boxes for the occasion.  It was a real hard work, so much of cutting and preparation.  We sold out in less than 2 hours....

I cooked this over the weekend for a few home town friends also to celebrate my baby girl's birthday !  She turned three 2 days ago !  Lovely girl...she was so happy receiving her presents. And i just realised I have not bought her any gift...lol.

A few friends who know me better commented that I have not been hosting parties for sometimes..yeah very true actually.   I have not invited any friends over for a long time.  

It has been great having them around, chit chatting, talk about food, maids, children, life and look forward to more get together.

I really don't mind cooking for friends, as long as everybody enjoys at the end.  I was a little exhausted that night must be the age and the late night catching up with 2 movies......I actually went to bed before 10 pm !

No comments:

Subscribe Now :

Followers

My passion..my job and places I have been !

Interests

  • Ripple cards
  • Beauty Tips, Hair, Travel ideas, Healthy Food, Massage, Spa