About Me

My photo
A lady with great sense of humour..love to laugh enjoy friends company, choose to live in current moment, forget about yesterday..like what a friend said to me tomorrow is mystery.. Happiness is a voyage...not a destination. "You must love in such a way that the person you love feels free"

Friday, March 6, 2009

Spiritual Friend


Today I had lunch with a friend, business associates who is also my spiritual mentor !  

It has been sometimes since we last met, he promised to bring me to the best Roast Pork in Pudu.  Heard so much about this crispy skin roasted pork..and yeah, it is not too bad !  And the serving time only starts from 12.30 pm.  And it is also a famous Hainanese chicken rice store.


So we spoke a lot about his meditation experience and recently he attended a retreat and he felt very good after the 3 days 2 nights event.   They have to observe the 8 Precepts, totally 27 hours of meditation including walking.  Actually he invited me to join the retreat but due to I have endless errants over the weekend, I couldn't reorganise my schedule in time.

He experienced total mindfulness, totally in peace with himself ! And now he knows himself better, focus on his life knowing what exactly he wants in his life.  And I told him how shallow I am with Buddhism and my meditation which I have not been keeping up lately, he gave me the best encouragement that I can do it.   I know I will do it if I want to and I am determined to restart.  I will start again next week and since I walk as part of my work out, I will do walking meditation at least once a week....Got to try, otherwise I will never do it !

He is a friend who has shared a secret in his life with me and that has made him a changed man ! who he is now, fully devoted to Buddhism !  He was even a short term monk in Myanmar and while I was in Myanmar years back, he was there too and he was so kind to connect me to one of the chief monk in a monastery for blessing !

In life, we have many kind of friends, I have many who supported me spiritually, some who invites me to get intoxicated..haha but they are nice friends too, and a few I can speak of anything in my life !  But I find this category is shrinking...maybe as we grow older and busier with our life to worry about !

Again..his best advice for me is to stay patience...and take one thing at a time !

No comments:

Subscribe Now :

Followers

My passion..my job and places I have been !

Interests

  • Ripple cards
  • Beauty Tips, Hair, Travel ideas, Healthy Food, Massage, Spa