About Me

My photo
A lady with great sense of humour..love to laugh enjoy friends company, choose to live in current moment, forget about yesterday..like what a friend said to me tomorrow is mystery.. Happiness is a voyage...not a destination. "You must love in such a way that the person you love feels free"

Thursday, March 19, 2009

My trip to Taiwan

It has been awhile since I traveled abroad on assignment !  The last trip was to Hong Kong and Shenzhen.  But comparatively, this is a better trip that I have more control and able to perform better.

Thankfully I have been to Taipei before and my knowledge of the city does help.

As usual I worked with a local guide and he is in his 50+, experienced and well knowledge and a person who works with passion just like me. Constantly we discussed how to make things better for the guests and we teamed up well.

He is a funny guy and he actually wanted to share dirty jokes with us apart from the general information, culture, history and politics, but due to we have young children, he resented from talking dirty jokes...but when the parents given the green light...hehe, his topics expanded...more exciting.   He shared with us studies on sexual behaviour of men in Taiwan as compared to Singapore.  Poor Singaporean ladies...hardly had orgasm ! So funny the way he told us.  Don't know how true la...according to him Singapore men work under extreme pressure.. !  

Taiwanese guys generally are more romantic and they do not have belly as they aged, as they care about their health, intake of nutritional food and they exercise a lot more than Malaysian..true though !

I was there for 5 days, and I worked even longer hours as compared to working in KL.  The day started from 7 am till 10.30 pm every night except for the night we stayed at the farm.   And my programme continued from 10.30pm to meet my friend and my sister.   I was deprived from sleep and the last night, client wanted to go out for a drink....and strangely in Taipei some pubs are closed from Monday to Wednesday !  We went around a few places and finally we settled at one called Brown Sugar.    And it was recommended by a very kind cab driver who can't speak good English...we had difficulty understanding his "Brang Sigar"...haha ! We stayed till 2.30 am...and we left for airport at 5am.  Gosh...hardly one hour of sleep !  I regretted joining them...sigh !

I must write this down how I felt about Taiwanese...they are generally very kind hearted people, willing to help.  When I met up with my friend, he took me out for nice supper, drove me around to show me more of Taipei, but due to it was too cold and I was tired, otherwise, I could have seen more of Taipei's night life.

On another occasion, while we were in the cab, the driver knew we were pub hunting and immediately he played some jazz songs for us, just to build up the mood.   I told him I like those songs, guess what....he gave me the CD !  Where on earth can you find such a kind and generous person ??? 

So after 5 days of hectic schedule, I came home looking sick and tired....just need some rest and I am ready to work again tomorrow !

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that sure was a generous cabbie. Malaysian taxi drivers will probably take you for a ride if they knew you're foreigner. :|

Shey said...

Nice post. I've been to Hk & Shenzhen too and it was fun.

True love said...

MisSmall - thanks for dropping by..it will never happen here in KL ! So sick of our own cabbie and ashamed of their attitude !

Shey - Try Taiwan, it is a different culture altogether !

Subscribe Now :

Followers

My passion..my job and places I have been !

Interests

  • Ripple cards
  • Beauty Tips, Hair, Travel ideas, Healthy Food, Massage, Spa