About Me

My photo
A lady with great sense of humour..love to laugh enjoy friends company, choose to live in current moment, forget about yesterday..like what a friend said to me tomorrow is mystery.. Happiness is a voyage...not a destination. "You must love in such a way that the person you love feels free"

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Earth Hour


Lately there is a lot of publicity about the conservation of energy and it seems very encouraging so far that people shown their concern to what is happening to the earth !

I remember years back, I initiated this at home and we set it on every Sunday night !   Those days,  we usually dined out and when we returned, it is time to unwind and get ready for another productive week.  The children get really excited and want to be part of the preparation !  I will light many candles around the house for one hour...and open up the sliding doors for fresh air...the good thing is I live on the upper floor where I get good flow of breeze !  It feels good to see all the different candles and it changes our mood immediately !

I have not been doing it regularly, maybe it is time to do it again !  Get back to simplicity in life and teach the children to understand and appreciate life and what modernisation has brought to us either ways !

Save our world...starts from us !

3 comments:

Satya Seelan said...

Save our Earth
http://xseelan.blogspot.com/2009/03/what-is-earth-hour.html

Anonymous said...

It is good to have this in Malaysia.*awareness* is all that we need to start with.

True love said...

Satya Seelan & freezingthemo - thanks for visiting my blog ! Guess what? Ikea's candles are selling like hot cake...lol !

Subscribe Now :

Followers

My passion..my job and places I have been !

Interests

  • Ripple cards
  • Beauty Tips, Hair, Travel ideas, Healthy Food, Massage, Spa