About Me

My photo
A lady with great sense of humour..love to laugh enjoy friends company, choose to live in current moment, forget about yesterday..like what a friend said to me tomorrow is mystery.. Happiness is a voyage...not a destination. "You must love in such a way that the person you love feels free"

Friday, March 27, 2009

A divine evening


I am happy last night because I managed to attend the dhamma talk by Ven Ajahn Nyanadhammo, a disciple of Ajahn Chah.   His approach and teaching is very practical. I must admit that I have not gone through any Buddhism teaching but basically I only practise dhamma through what I understand of  5 Precepts.

Last night, he shared with us on Self Ego and how and why we should put others above self.     Buddha's way of teaching is based on gradual teaching.  And the teaching of dhamma will not go on the extreme to make one understand.   And I find this very true as everyday we face different situation and we apply ways to overcome somehow, may not be right the first time but eventually we will find the right path.

One of the way to start letting go of self ego is to practise dana generosity.  Practising dana can be as easy as a smile to someone we know, stranger.  Giving a praise to cheer someone and word of kindness is just another form of dana. All these will not cause us any pain for making others happy :)

The entire evening was divinely inspired !  Simple phrases like "We take responsible of things that we said", "Loving kindness as the fundamental of life" and "Love others above self..can be unconditional" inspired me and reinstated my principle of life. 

In life, nothing is permanent, we came to this world is because of our karma, we choose to be born and to suffer.   So what we are dealing and suffering today has to do with our karma. Why do we have so much suffering is all about what we want and desire.  Perhaps if we compare less, and live more contented life, we will live a happier life, creating less negative energy in us and we naturally will attract good energy that leads us spiritually.

I like to see people happy and I want to bring happiness to others just a smile, a text message, a hello or if a hug ! Or simply saying something that will praise another person.  

I have felt the kindness of someone immediately when I was at The Garden.  By chance I walked into the premium toilet @ RM5 per entry and politely I asked the attendance if there is a non premium toilet, and he said..Do you have Robinson or Isetan membership with you, I told him sorry I don't have either one with me ! And he showed me by hand gesture with a smile...Please madam !  I was so moved by his kindness...and I thanked him for that !

"We are what we think. 
All that we are arises with our thought. 
With our thoughts, we make our world."
~The Buddha

No comments:

Subscribe Now :

Followers

My passion..my job and places I have been !

Interests

  • Ripple cards
  • Beauty Tips, Hair, Travel ideas, Healthy Food, Massage, Spa